The Covid-19 pandemic has a major impact on the continuity of business and economy in Indonesia. Various industrial sectors have also been forced to stop their business activities in order to reduce and also minimize the rate of the Covid-19 virus. One of the industrial sectors that have been significantly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic is the Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition (MICE) industry.
The emergence of the Covid-19 Pandemic has a strong impact on the running of the MICE industry in Indonesia. Various adjustments must also be made in organizing events and meetings, both cancellations, postponements and so on. Asia Pacific is listed as the region most affected.
International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Data’s has stated that there was an adjustment to 48 percent of the meetings or the 1,749 international meetings held during the period February to June 2020. Meanwhile, in Indonesia, data from IVENDO has stated that there have been 96.4 percent delays and 84.8 percent cancellations of events in 17 provinces throughout Indonesia.
In getting around this situation, MICE industry players must also implement a new strategy in the world of events that is in line with the health protocols established by WHO and also the Government. This will also be implemented by PT Jakarta International Expo (JIEXPO) as the largest MICE venue provider in Indonesia.
The era of the new normal order is something new that will be applied by industry players and society in the future during the Covid-19 Pandemic. In fact, the MICE industry will also adjust to the new normal provisions.
Following are the steps that were implemented by PT JIEXPO during the New NorMICEperiod :
- Periodic Treatment of Deep Cleaning and Sanitizing: In this case, PT JIExpo will carry out hygiene and sanitation maintenance in various event/exhibition areas as well as public facilities throughout the JIEXPO area by wiping and misting steps using disinfectant fluids.
- Touchless Hand sanitizer: PT JIEXPO also provides touchless hand-sanitizers in various locations such as the Hall area, the Commercial Center Building (GPN), the JIECCT Building and other public areas.
- Body Temperature Checking: Before entering the exhibition area, guests/visitors and staff will check their body temperature using a termoscan device.
- Providing Protective Screen: JIEXPO prepares glass dividers in various public areas such as information and service centres, to maintain a safe distance between event guests/visitors and staff.
- Floor Markers to Ensure Physical Distancing: The next step is to prepare instructions in the form of safe distance signage that will be installed on the floor and scattered in various areas in order to set a safe distance (physical distancing) at the time of the event.
- Modified Seating Arrangement in the Hall: In the indoor / Hall area, JIEXPO will also modify seating arrangements. This aims to maintain a safe distance during the event.
- Well Equipped and Trained Staff: PT JIEXPO has also prepared various personal protection items such as masks and face shields for staff in the field. These staff members are also specially trained to prepare for this new era of New NorMICE.
Apart from the points mentioned above, PT JIEXPO will always comply with the regulations and protocols implemented by both the Central and Local Governments in order to create a safe, healthy and conducive MICE industry. In this case, PT JIEXPO will always be committed to developing and reviving the MICE industry in Indonesia, especially in this new normal era.